Friday, January 14, 2011

HURROW I PERMED MY HAIR!!!!

Dear earthlings, guess who decided to go crazy and turn her whole head of hair into a giant frizzball??

May I just add... a fashionable frizzball at that!!!




Remember how I had that epiphany a few blog posts ago and realized everything had to change from that moment on? Well the changes I've made so far aren't as quick and drastic as I thought, but trust me, CHANGE IS ON THE WAY! A new year, a new year me.

Yes I sound stupid but pep talking yourself works ok wtf otherwise I'll forever stick to boring ol' me.





Anyway, I don't know if you know this but somewhere deep within the unwritten book





Guide To All Women's Weird Habits lies rule #52647:

When something big has happened / is about to happen, a woman changes her hairstyle.... drastically.








Now, I kid you not!!!!


Every time I go through a break up, I change entirely and one of the first things I change is my hairstyle. It's not a conscious decision of course, it's just sort of me getting up in the morning deciding I needed to see something different when I look into the mirror and a few hours later, Poof! Voila.

New girl.


Well sort of. Same girl with new hair.




Now, this time I'm not breaking up with my boyfriend but I broke up with my old self!!! My old, lazy complacent self who never got anything done and sat on her fat ass all day. I am really nervous about getting so many things done at the same time but I'm sure everything will turn out fine..... I hope.

I'm really skeptical about this video I'm barely halfway through finishing :(


(yes, it's got to do with the whole taylor swift thing)








Anyhoo, these are the last few recent pics of me (taken yesterday) with really really straight hair!!!







My hair's naturally DEAD straight, and extremely fine + lightweight so it always gets tangled easily and there is NEVER any volume or poofiness!


Crazy hard to style and you won't believe how frustrated I get with it. (If you noticed, I am constantly dissatisfied with my hair.. fickle)






















I came to the conclusion that perming it would be the best choice, so once I made up my mind, I made an appointment with Milly's (they have a new salon!!) and went over just yesterday to get a makeover!

























People have been commenting that narcissistic photos on my blog have decreased in number greatly ("Are you not vain anymore?? Where are your pictures?" - question on my Formspring) and Wendy has also been telling me that I'm too "artsy" with my DSLR photos and people find that hard to appreciate..

It was the first time I felt "pressured" to camwhore!!!







I'll admit that once I got my DSLR I stopped taking photos of myself because I found everything else around so much more interesting than my own face, which I looked at everyday :3

I even told Wendy, "But my face is so boring!!!" and then I realized how terrible that sounded. I have to ♥ myself, my face is not boring IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!11111

LIKE THE MONA LISA!




Ok, was that too much?

....It's all about perception, people.








Oh btw I posed extra retardedly in these pics coz Sam complains that I look the same in every photo. Same head tilt, same smile.. he said it needed to be different, so I gave him spastic for a change.














My terribly messy room.

There was barely enough space here for 1 girl, now there's TWO people living in this tiny hole!!!


















This "OPEN YOUR EYES BIG BIG so you look innocent and doe-eyed" stare is a desperate attempt to look more Japanese / Korean-ish because they seem to be all the rage right now.


(actually their style has always been popular - I'm just coming up with excuses for my camwhoring ways because I haven't been so narcissistic in awhile and I feel a little uncomfortable aahahaha *nervous laugh*)

















This is me getting my nails done at Milly's!!! I did my hair there too. Poor baby Sam waited like 6 hours for me to do both hair and nails T_T


But it's all to look pretty for you bb boy!!

















I haven't had long flashy bling nails in FOREVER and I almost regretted getting them done because my skin / nails reacted to the UV light that was used to harden the gel mixture on my nails REAAALLLYYY badly.

Like so bad it felt as if my fingers were literally on fire, I almost cried!!!






I've done gel extensions at Milly's several times before and they NEVER hurt before, I don't know what's wrong with my fingers / skin / body now!! I've also developed eczema around my thighs and underarms... what's happening to me??

My body is giving up on me at 18 years old!!




Just to clarify, not everyone feels pain from UV light / gel extensions and people feel different degrees of discomfort / have different reactions. But if you have really sensitive skin like mine, I'd suggest you opt for acrylic extensions instead!













Nevertheless, the results are sooo pretty and I can't stop staring at them now!!! Makes me feel glamorous even when I'm in my pajamas hehe.

I keep running my fingers over the smooth surface of my perfect nails... I think I'm obsessed.


















Normal manicures definitely don't match up to gel extensions, they're just SO sleek and shiny looking!





Even though I'm not the sort of girl who HAS to go for manicures all the time, (they're like a novelty idea to me - I do it cuz I can whenever I can be effed) but I'm so glad to have Milly's as my sponsor!!

I've done my nails with her many times before and I ♥ em every time.




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




Besides nails, hair extensions and lashes, Milly has expanded into FULL SALON SERVICES NOW!!!

Yup, a spanking new salon located at "Little Red Dot" at Bugis Village level 2!











That's where I sat for 6 hours yesterday..



















To get my hair permed yo!!!!!!!


Lol my hair gear looks like my grandmother's / mother's




















So excited to get my hair permed, the last time I did this was at least 4 years + ago!!!!!



Goodbye to super straight hair.

It's funny coz perming makes your hair quite dry and I spent so much effort, time and money trying to get it healthy again after my first perm years ago.. Now that it's super shiny and healthy, I just wasted all my efforts by perming it AGAIN!


Why am I so fickle minded srsly? Damn annoying!!




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


So like, I was just sitting here with gazillions of colorful hair curlers rolled up onto my head, feeling very restless and awkward because I'd been sitting there for many hours getting different treatments done when suddenly this blog reader walked past Milly's salon and stopped to say hi to me!!!


I couldn't even stand up or walk over to say hi because I was halfway through perming my hair and got a lot of products on my head. I swear, people always catch me in the worst situations.

While getting my foot massaged, after a midnight movie when I'm yawning and looking like crap, halfway through my perm..





I've even had strangers say hi to me in the bathroom.. LOL /wtf/



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



And here's the result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







SHIBERTY WITH POOFY HAIR!!!!




Yayyy volume, volume, volume! This is with NO product in it too.

Hehehehehe it's so cute and retro I love it!!! Almost poodle-like. LOL I crack myself up. It looks super curly here but the curls have kinda died down a little now so it's not as bombastic looking.






How does it look like from the front????

Well, you'll find out soon enough!! Like what you've seen so far? Here's all the information about Milly's you will need:



www.millys.com.sg



Far East Plaza

14 scotts road #03-129
Singapore 228213
Tel: 67376723




Bugis


Bugis Village Extension,
Level 2 @ Bom Bom street.
Booking & enquries: 8383 5395
Tel: 63384137



Bugis


Bugis Street, Little Red Dot
Booking & enquries: 8383 5395
Tel: 63384137




Please don't ask me about appointments or pricing etc because I'm being sponsored! They are also having Chinese New Year promotions, so give Milly a call and she'll be glad to entertain all your queries!

Go get pretty hair, nails, and lashes at Milly's to wow your friends and family before CNY arrives ♥






Looking forward to seeing what people have to say about my hair!!



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


I didn't manage to take permed hair pics with my DSLR yet, but I have some on the iphone and I know you're dying to see them!!! (or in truth, I'm dying to show them!)







Lol I couldn't resist.




















Check out my delicious iphone cover!!! Mum bought it for me from Hong Kong, so sweet!














Ok so people YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU'RE GONNA SEE NEXT.

If you've been following my blog for a LONG time, you'll remember my ex-boyfriend, J. (from 2 years ago)






I was REALLY shocked when I first saw my hairstylist working at Milly's because

HE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE MY EX WTF.









Blurry side pic view wtf but I'm sure many of you "recognize" him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK ALIKE RIGHT?


COME ON.

















WTF that's him doing my hair for me wtf imagine my horror when Sam was beside me whilst I do my hair and all I kept thinking was,

"Why is this James lookalike washing my hair for me???.......
A-W-K-W-A-R-D."





This faux James even has the same layered long hairstyle, the same type of metal chain he'd always wear and the same height + build + polo tee!!!!!!! He always wore a polo tee. So freaky la -_-


















On closer inspection you can see the obvious differences though. But the similarities definitely overthrow the differences!!!!

For those of you who only started reading my blog when I got with Sam, don't ask me for a pic of my ex ok I don't wanna see it or post it but his pictures are all over my archives and not that hard to find.




I don't think I've seen a more similar doppelganger DDDDDDDDDD:





........Ok,

/freak out end./




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Now time for pics of my HAIR for real.







I can haz poofyness!!!!!!!!!!!!




















♥ It's so retro looking I feel like I just stepped out of Grease!

Hopelessly devoted to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu......





















Lol @ the topless Sam behind me :P

I know it's not as "sophisticated"-looking as my other hairstyles but this turned out to be super refreshing!!!!!!! It's not what I am used to and that's the whole point.




It may be a bit frizzy but whaddya want from a perm?? I'm just happy to have some body and volume and style to my hair. Perm effects are different from tonging, I knew that from the start and had expected something like this actually. I had to go for really small curls because my hair's die-hard straight and big curls would fade in a DAY.



Even with these tiny curls I'm scared they won't last the supposed initial time frame of 3-4 months because my hair's just that stubborn :(





But I hope they last at LEAST a month and a half because I like it!!! And I don't care if you don't ok I realize it may look a bit china girl ish (they all have permed hair) but it depends on how the individual carries the style and I'm thinking GREASE, not china!


Permed already, no going back anyway, it will fade soon enough.. so if you tell me anything bad I'm not gonna listen!!!!!!!!














Otherwise I'm just cover my ears like this going "Lalalalalalalalala"





















Peace out.

LOL whut




















Changed into my baby pink teddy bear cotton PJs ^.^

All these pics are from my iPhone so no photoshop.. kinda stupid PS-ing something so pixelated anyways



















I can't wait to see what new looks I can carry off with this new hairstyle!!! I'm gonna make it WORK!

(but first it has to stay on my head. I haven't washed it yet, and I don't dare to. why do I get the feeling it will just fade -_______-)



















End of squirrel hair post with a happy boob-galore pic of yours truly.


Tell me watchu think about my new hair!!!!!!!! ^.^

Unless you think it's bad then shove your fist in your mouth and go away hmph.




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



BAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII SEE YOU GUYS ON LIVE CHAT TOMORROW



9+PM, JANUARY 15.
BE HERE!!!


xoxo,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment