Saturday, February 12, 2011

Seeing Taylor Swift LIVE in concert!! + Poodlecraft & Friends




HOOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!


So I got the last minute tickets that I was desperately searching for and went and saw Taylor Swift live :)

Are you jealous?!?!?!





It was actually quite easy to find tickets, within a few hours of posting asking for spare tics on my Twitter and Facebook, I got quite a lot of people texting me / sending SMS-es and calling!!





Thank you to all the people who helped me spread the message ♥

I turned down most offers though, because some wanted to sell at $400 each.


HELLO UNLESS TAYLOR SWIFT IS GOING TO GIVE ME A LAP DANCE NAKED I AM NOT PAYING $400 TO SEE HER OK!!




Not that she's not completely fabulous or not worth the money, I just think you are one helluva opportunistic vulture and wouldn't give you 2 cents extra to earn even if I had $400 to spare!

In the end I settled for decent seats for $160 each. They were $128 originally but whatever, considered very good deal already! To think I almost bought 2 tickets for $500 omg.




My seats weren't that much in front, but the stadium is so small, it doesn't matter anyway!! I'd rather take a further back seat but central view than look at her from the side -_-


Plus she walked over to my area mid-concert!!! Bloody happy!








This was the nice lady I bought my tics from!!!





Sam sneakily took a pic of her in case she scammed us HAHAHAH. She didn't scam us of course, I just think it's hilarious still.

I was kinda wondering what would happen if I agreed to buy from this one person and on the day itself they decided to not pick up my calls or sell my tics to someone else, leaving me helpless and stranded.


I came up with this conclusion of prank-calling their phones every night at 5am with my private house phone number until they change their line completely!!!! I seriously totally would lol. -revengeful nature-

Thank goodness I met this nice lady who gave us a reasonable price and additional discount when she was 15 mins late for our appointment and also, she called me to tell my cab driver to take Mountbaten Road (sp?) because the other roads were taken!! I avoided a massive jam thanks to her :D


Speaking of nice people, there was also another guy I "met" on FB who was damn nice and offered to help me look for tickets even though I didn't know him, and he really called me up when Sistic released last minute tickets!!!!






I wonder if he sat there just refreshing for me? Coz Sistic didn't announce any notification or anything.

The last min tickets would go out of stock in like 2 mins, then when they came back in stock, he'd text me again wtf!!!!






My faith in humanity has been restored. -happy sigh-










Sitting on the stadium steps waiting in line. Yes, my lippie was THAT red in real life. I scared Taylor cannot see me from far mah hahaha.


I was damn kia su and arrived at 5 plus even though the concert only started at close to 9!!!!!!





But I remember the previous time I attended Avril Lavigne concerts, I arrived 1 hour in advance and was still too late to go into the stadium!! The concert started while I was queuing outside. -face palm-




# LOL moment of the day # : While in line, there was a group of like 11 year old girls in front of us singing Taylor Swift'ss songs loudly and doing her signature hand actions super buay paisehly.

10 points for enthusiasm, 0 points for actual talent.







I wanted to die and bury my face. (and cover my eyes and shove an apple down their throats)

First neopets, now this. Thanks a lot, self-preference!! You suck!












Dragged Sam along even though he wasn't a big fan.. there were quite little guys at the concert actually! Mostly tweens and a significant amount of ang mohs were present.

I hate going to the concerts with people who don't appreciate the artist's music!!! It's like you're so psyched and hyped and singing along like a fanatical fan (yes I know fan = short form for fanatical) but they're just sitting beside you going "meh".



Annoying max!!!!

I swear the next time I go to a concert, I'll go with a DIE-HARD FAN!!! So when I turn to them going "OH MAI GAWWWWWWWDDDD!!"


they will return 5 OMG OMG OMGS to me instead of a -.- face.













The crowd!!!!! Sold-out show.




I can't believe I didn't hear about Taylor Swift coming to Singapore only until December?! I need to stop living in my little bubble and get out more!!

Anyway I still managed to get tics so I guess it's all good. Remember how I blogged about how I was going to enter this contest and meet her and all that?


It sounded like a great idea in my head, but when I actually got down to doing my submission entry I was quite upset because I didn't think it was good enough to be shown to the public!! I worked on it for 3 whole days though.


Such a downer :(











North entrance!!

And we're going innnnnnnn weeeee.




All in all I spent about $400 to see Taylor Swift live. $320 for the tickets, $50 for cab fares (peak hour and shit) and $20+ on snacks, etc. One small packet of chips was like 4 bucks!!

Upon entering I was prancing around the indoor stadium like an excited little kid. Happiness is contagious, and you could really feel the air buzzing with excitement!!!!




My excitement soon died down though, because they started ONE HOUR later than stated timing :[

And the opening act was kinda lame. So yeah.



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


So, the moment we've all been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!






O HAI THERE TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!!!!!!11111@@


Aren't you awfully real and close to me?!?!!?!?!?!?!






Sorry for the ultimate shit quality pic but I thought they'd confiscate my DSLR if I brought it (the Avril Lavigne concert I went to was super strict - had people walking around checking)

But to my disappointment, everyone else was shooting away with big ass DSLRs and security didn't mind at all!!! Grrr if I had known I woulda brought mine too :( So wasted.






BUT YES, THAT'S HOW CLOSE I WAS TO TAYLOR!!!


She came down from the main stage and WALKED to the middle of the stadium (past thousands of screaming hysterical fans trying to grab her) and plopped herself down on a little platform right in front of me and started singing.

I was actually closer to her than it looks in this pic, you know how things always look further on camera???

And everyone got off their seat afterwards to rush forward - so did I!!!!!



When she was walking through the crowd, people were trying to grab her and everything it was so scary omg!! What if somebody stabbed her or scratched her up badly or something?

I ALSO WAN 2 TOUCH TAYLOR SWIFT LEH!



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Anyways sorry for acting like such a teeny bopper fan :P



I didn't think I'd be so star struck either. I didn't realize how much of a fan I was until 1 day before her concert I started feeling really sour about not going.



I ALWAYS sing her songs (used to do it daily for 5 hours straight) and put them on repeat...

And then I noticed how I purposely stopped listening to her songs these few weeks in order not to wanna go to her concert!!!


So I was like, "fuck it, even if it's expensive, i'm going."




And I'm glad I did!!!!! It was a cool experience. Definitely nowhere near as fancy or extraordinary as I imagined or expected it to be (refering her Fearless tour vids), but ok enough I guess.

I might be really biased because the last (and only) celebrity concert I've been to was Avril Lavigne and I'm a MUCH bigger Avril fan than Taylor. (well back then at least)



When I went to Avril's gig I was really CRAZY over her, knowing ALL the lyrics and tunes to each and everyone of her songs, I know her favourite drink, fav pizza parlour, and just watching her used to make me happy.

I say used to because I'm not such a super hardcore fan anymore - in fact I haven't even listened to her new single "What The Hell" yet... but I'll get around to doing it soon!



.
.
.
.
.
.
.


*more Celebrity Singers rant*



I am not that big a fan of Taylor's new album "Speak Now", I guess I'm less familiar with it cuz it's just been out but I like songs from her 1st and 2nd album the most.

Songs like Tim McGraw, Change, Teardrops On My Guitar, and all that jazz so I found myself clueless throughout most of her Speak Now concert as I didn't know the song / lyrics!!!!




The crowd obviously agrees with me, cuz when she sang "You Belong With Me" EVERYONE screeeeeeeeeeeeamed and sang along, but when it was time to perform "Enchanted" people were like, "what?"





The show lacked a lot of special effects
(like lighting, etc), her entrance to the performance could've been grander, her vocals coulda been stronger / louder, she could've been more interesting and interactive




(she kept saying cheesy lines.. almost cringe-worthy. like "Hi my name is Taylor and I write songs." not that cute.)

AND another reason why the concert was a little below satisfactory was how low her mic's volume was.



I could BARELY hear her at all over all the fans screaming their guts out. Most of the time I hear annoying girls beside me singing and that's it -_-








I might come across as being too critical but hey, I paid good money to see her!

And I wanna give my honest opinion to those who are curious about what really happened during the show. When compared to Avril's concert (I keep mentioning it coz I've only been to hers twice before), Taylor's one was actually really weak and boring, but at least Taylor sings better live than I'd expected!!!!!



She IS stunningly pretty too
. Like you just wanna stare at her all day long :)





She doesn't have the most perfect features or the best body but she has amazing eyes, awesome make up, golden blonde hair, sparkly dresses.. I mean c'mon!!! What's not to love? (besides the fact she sometimes looks a bit rodent / horse like. haha..... just kidding. don't kill me TS fans)



Seeing her in real life is EXACTLY like watching her in her videos.. Same style, same smile, same kinda dresses. She definitely has an X-Factor about her, and she knows it. (that's why she plays it up so much - and also why I wanted to see her live!!)


I was star struck because you'd expect stars to be less perfect IRL but no she's perfect sigh why. They're so sparkly and pretty, I feel like I have no place being so near to their perfection :P


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Ok, end of gushing!!!!!!!!

I'll be perfectly honest with you.



I have a love-hate relationship with Taylor Swift.







If you'd followed me on Twitter for a long time, you might remember me dissing her a coupla times and that's because she really did suck live last time!!

Like how come she sounds SO bad during her Grammy performances? I reckon it's because they don't have autotune on as high, so as to appear authentic.

I believe even in commercial concerts they have higher autotune so yeah.





I'd like to think she's improved a lot now though, and yes, I hate her because she's so perfect!!!! Why she gotta be so pretty and famous and talented? (writes awesome songs though many are similar)

Usually superstars around my age kinda messed up in a way (think Miley Cyrus) but Taylor seems to have it all going for her.

It's very seldom that I'd look at a girl and feel stupidly inferior and crappy about myself like an under achiever, but it happens every time I look at Taylor Swift.




I guess that's why I love and hate her at the same time ;)


So, that was my Taylor Swift experience wrapped up with very few pics and a lot of words!!!!




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


The following is a shout-out to my friends at www.Poodlecraft.com!


A blog reader sent me an email one day telling me she was preparing a present for me, and some time later, she dropped it off at my condo!! (I gave her my address)

It was a big bag full of goodies and I was pleasantly surprised at how cute and personalized everything was ♥




I've never quite seen anything like this!








www.Poodlecraft.com
is an Arts & Crafts DIY sort of website where you can order lots of handmade with love goodies from Toto & Friends!!!


They're not your typical "engrave your name on a bracelet" or "print your picture on a cup" kind of people.








So some of the goodies she gave me included this set of Heart Shaped pillows...

Upon tearing the wrapper open, I was like... "What??? Is this it? What's so special about two black pillows?"




....Then I found out that there was a very special way of customizing the items by myself!!!!!










The creative peeps at Poodlecrafts handmake these snazzy Velcro Hook colorful cut outs that you can stick onto the basic plain colored items you can get from their website!!!







So instead of the once-boring all-black cushion before, you'll now get...






Super cute, ultra personalized cushions the way you want them!!!

















Pac-Man wuvs you :P



At first glance they look like mass produced stuff (good quality) but upon closer inspection you can tell it was painstakingly done individually by hand and it looks sooo good!















These would be perfect for a Valentine's Day gift, no matter intended for a girl or a boy!!!!!! ♥

Me and Sam stuck the message on together, hehe :)




I hear that www.Poodlecraft.com is only making 20 sets of these for V'day, so place your orders ASAP!















I think I was meant to use the Velcro Hook cut-outs sparingly because she gave me accessory pouches and stuff too but I went nuts sticking designs all over on this one!!















It's a laptop case, of course!
Perfect for when I go to Uni in Perth and would need my lappies for lectures :D

And it's black and made out of awesome long lasting material so I don't have to be afraid of wearing it out or dirtying it!!
















Another thing perfect for my schooling days from Poodlecraft - a notebook!! :)

I can already imagine all the lecture notes and dozens of pages worth of random bored doodlings on the pages of this book!













Look, it even has my name on it!! ^______^ I LOVE IT!

Everything is so pretty and unique and high quality and yes I am gushing not because I was paid to do this but because I am genuinely in love with their thoughtful products.




I could've stuck on more Velcro Hookie cut outs but I chose to keep it plain black.

Looks like it contains top-notch secretive information this way, y'know? :P
















Wooo lucky me, I caught myself a Mr. Perfect!!!



The final special touch was matching funny Ah Pek shorts for me and Sam to wear!!! Hopefully on V'day? :P

Don't ask me why... I just accepted it cuz it's cute!!! I have one exactly the same too.












This one's labeled Sam, but I have my own!! :)




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




All the wonderful products featured here are purchasable at www.Poodlecraft.com!

This Valentine's Day, get personal with Poodlecraft :)





And thank you to Toto & Friends for the wonderful gifts!! ♥

xoxo,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment